The Raleigh Bridge Club sponsors a mentoring program that pairs interested players with supportive mentors. The program fosters at-the-table learning, knowledge transfer from mentor to mentee and growth in confidence for the mentee. Details of the program:
- The program is open to dues-paying members of the RBC.
- Mentors (Life Masters) are paired with Mentees (Non-Life Masters) for one calendar year.
- Regular life master/non-life master partnerships are discouraged on mentoring nights
- Occasionally a mentor/mentee pair will exist for a second year if the first year has included unusual circumstances and if both players are agreeable.
- Pairs who are both non life masters may play on mentoring nights.
- Pairs who are both life masters may not play on mentoring nights.
- The 5th Tuesday and 5th Thursday of each month are designated as mentoring games. Mentoring pairs play in each scheduled mentoring game or schedule a make-up game.
- There are 9 mentor/mentee games in 2019: January 28, March 28, April 30, May 30, July 30, August 29, October 29, October 31 (mentoring Swiss Teams), and December 19
- Mentees pay a $10 fee and mentors pay $5 at mentoring games.
- Mentoring games are stratified.
- Pairs may play SAYC, Standard American or 2/1.
Mentoring Pairs for 2019
|Adler, Pete||Mendelsohn, Mike|
|Albrecht, Betty||Oliver, Peggy|
|Albrecht, Harold||Korbin, Scott|
|Anderson, Glen||Trenery, Frank|
|Barbsy, Steve||Trenery, Jeanne|
|Blair, Leslie||Sparks, Nancy|
|Boak, Jeff||McLawhon, Paige|
|Cobb, John||LaWall, Nancy|
|Copeland, Karen||Johnson, Karen|
|Cowen, Allen||Williams, Tim|
|Debnam, Mildred||Koury, Jill|
|Duke, Morgie||Vulinec, Lisa|
|Dunas, Bob||Heavner, Pat|
|Fuller, Ed||Dawson, Hana|
|Geigerman, Josh||Howard, Ken|
|Greenberg, Blue||Halkett, Wanda|
|Gripman, John||Hall, Lori|
|Hudson, Alex||Wrather, Ted|
|Hudson, Barbara||Beaumont, Suzanne|
|Hungerford, Emily||Gladieux, Marlyn|
|Johnson, Joanna||Edwards, Carolyn|
|Kirby, John||Popovich, Karen|
|Laske, Lee||Clayton, Linda|
|Lin, Rosa||Schooler, Pam|
|Little, Sue||Hall, Rick|
|Marriott, Asya||Petty, Curlee|
|Marriott, John||Williams, Jeff|
|Mears, Bill||Cohen, Mitch|
|Mebane, Betsy||Titchener, Roberta|
|Moll, Chris||Walton, Mariee|
|Mullins, Cathy||Kovach, Mike|
|O'Briant, Neal||Holbrook, Doug|
|Overcash, Susan||Crouse, Helen|
|Papenhausen, Monika||Sajovec, Richelle|
|Petro, Jack||Wigley, Ryan|
|Poindexter, Randy||Farnsworth, Janice|
|Putnam, Mike||Koger, Bob|
|Reeve, Sue||Morris, Donna|
|Rhew, Jim||Stephenson, Bob|
|Rice, Jon||DeGraffenreidt, Adrian|
|Robb, Bill||Schroeder, Margie|
|Robb, Sue||Getz, Renee|
|Rose, Bill||Bomgardner, Eric|
|Ross, Doraine||Hessee, Betty|
|Schachte, John||Bok, Eileen|
|Senzel, Alan||Iking, Leo|
|Shull, Audrey||VonSeggern, Maryann|
|Shull, Lance||Premchander, Saumya|
|Smith, Mette||Skiver, Melissa|
|Stein, Walter||Norris, Jones|
|Stemkovski, Tatyana||Roseberry, Linda|
|Stemkovski, Vladimir||Lewis, Donna|
|Stone, Beverly||Brinkley, Margo|
|Tessin, Tim||Buzcak, Jerzy|
|Urquhart, Molly||Cohen, Jean|
|Vinzani, Gil||Folmer, Jaap|
|Vinzani, Kate||Meeks, Lisa|
|Wang, Jui||Waldbauer, Beck|
|Weimer, Russ||Teeter, Jason|
|Williams, Collins||Haque, Abida|